Thursday, December 6, 2018

What happens next will shock you......





                                                  We made a sugar syrup from sugar cane!


 So we got some sugar cane given to us by some special people that we were allowed to serve. At first we just took to gnawing on it and that was pretty good. Gets a little old picking cane fiber from the front of your face. So I proposed to my family that we ought to make sugar. I don’t really know how they do it but I said to my kids we will just do it.

First we cut it in chunks and debarked em real good.
                                   Then we cut it in smaller chunks and blended to make a pulp.
Next we took the pulp and placed it in a cheese cloth and squeezed it out real good. 
The final steps were to boil it down to the desired consistency and strained it into a jar. 

We never really considered making sugar or refining cane. However since we had the raw product, and since my kids are homeschooled here in Guatemala, I said yeah let’s do that. So if you ever have some sugar cane laying around and you want to make some syrup for coffee or whatever. That’s how we dunnit. Thanks for reading our little post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment